From windmills and airplanes to dollhouses and spinning tops, now parents and children can create homemade toys reminiscent of years gone by. Simple diagrams and easy-to-follow instructions will inspire you and your children to tackle projects in a range of difficulty. Children will take great pride in their homemade toys, and parents will love the classic toys of their own childhood—and finally, a break from TV and video games! Learn how to:
• Design a floor plan and build a three-story dollhouse—and all the furniture to go inside!
• Make a toy car, complete with driver, out of the interior of an old clock.
• Build a carriage and cradle for a favorite doll.
• Create a clockwork carnival, with a Ferris wheel, circus tent, merry-go-round, and more.
• Make your own Malay tailless kite or box kite—and in the process, pick up handy tips on how to best fly your new kite.
• And construct dozens more timeless, exciting toys!
Younger children will love working with parents to create beautiful toys; older children will be eager to build toys all by themselves with a few basic tools. Even adults will want to take a stab at recreating these classic toys made from wood, cardboard, simple electronics, and other easily affordable materials! Packed with exciting activities to do individually and with family and friends, this book is a fantastic gift for children of all ages.